Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Sway Bars!

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner CWBETB's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2001
    Posts
    1,609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I just picked up 2 sway bars "front and rear" from a 92 Integra today!!! I got them both for 40 bucks! Im hoping they should bolt up fine "Correct NC REX?"

    Habib, any ideas how it will ride with the sway bars?

    Thanks guys

    ------------------
    90 Civic DX ZC

    Home Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/ericsweb

    4th Gen Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/hondacivic4g

    Car Club:
    http://www.teamkayo.com

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SiZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2001
    Posts
    77
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They will bolt right on..

    I don't think they are any thicker than the stock Si ones though..

    ------------------
    SiZzLER

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner CWBETB's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2001
    Posts
    1,609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Siz mine is a DX, so It may be smaller. I was looking at my front sway bar last night and it looked smaller. I take it I have no rear sway bar in my car at all? I didnt get the car jacked up yet smile

    ------------------
    90 Civic DX ZC

    Home Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/ericsweb

    4th Gen Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/hondacivic4g

    Car Club:
    http://www.teamkayo.com

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ladynredsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2001
    Posts
    735
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i might be wrong but, i think only the Si had the rear. Where is Habib when we need him??? Any other time he's all over the place wink (LOL)

    good find Eric! oh how i wish i had a good local junkyard to rumage through *sigh*

    Ami

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner CWBETB's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2001
    Posts
    1,609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    ARGHHH! I held up the rear sway bar in the rear and I cant figure how to mount the damn thing on!!!!!! I have....

    2 bars, one for front and one for rear, I was also givin 2 brackets that look like they mount to the rear bar. Can someone please scan me a diagrahm from a 92 Integra or give me some directions how they go in?! Thanks!

    ------------------
    90 Civic DX ZC

    Home Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/ericsweb

    4th Gen Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/hondacivic4g

    Car Club:
    http://www.teamkayo.com

  6. #6
    Inactive Member redcivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2001
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i don't know if this helps... but i've found this site useful before. www.hondaautomotiveparts.com has parts diagrams for most honda cars.

    1990 Civic Si Front and Rear lower arm assemblies:

    13SH30 J10

    13SH30 J12

    ------------------
    r e d c i v i c
    EF D15B2 = The Torqueless Wonder

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Setanta's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2001
    Posts
    445
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Erik - they are two L-shaped brackets with "d" clamps and bushes for the rear right?

    Assuming it's similar to the SiR, the L brackets bolt to the chassis rails (whatever smile ) and then the bar center clamps to these and to the trailing arms. It's dark ATM, but if you want, tomorrow I'll take some pics of my standard setup. Of course, NC_Rex might have an alternative for USDM Civics.

    Cheers

    ------------------
    '90 JDM EF9 SiR

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner CWBETB's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2001
    Posts
    1,609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the pics and info guys. I have an idea now how it goes in the rear, but i still dont get where the end sections mount on my control arm, I have no holes or anything on my control arms. The ends have holes in them as if there should be some type of bolt that goes in them?

    ------------------
    90 Civic DX ZC

    Home Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/ericsweb

    4th Gen Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/hondacivic4g

    Car Club:
    http://www.teamkayo.com

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner CWBETB's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2001
    Posts
    1,609
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hey Habib! Master of the suspension! smile Thanks for the info, I was starting to think that was the case....damn DX! Anyway what I might do is this, I know a guy selling CRX Si rear disc brakes, Ill see if he has the lower control arm as well!

    Habib, what about the front suspension? Do DX's even have sway bars in the front? I never noticed one on mine, would I have any problems mounting the front?? Thanks buddy

    ------------------
    90 Civic DX ZC

    Home Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/ericsweb

    4th Gen Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/hondacivic4g

    Car Club:
    http://www.teamkayo.com

  10. #10
    Inactive Member habib_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2001
    Posts
    328
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CWBETB:
    Thanks for the pics and info guys. I have an idea now how it goes in the rear, but i still dont get where the end sections mount on my control arm, I have no holes or anything on my control arms. The ends have holes in them as if there should be some type of bolt that goes in them?

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Habib to the rescue...(sorry i'm late folks wink )

    Well eric...you encountering EXACTLY what i had to deal with on my DX. The DX and Si have different rear control arms. They are molded the same, except the Si has the swaybar mounting holes, the DX does not.

    What you have to do, find a set of Si lower rear control arms (the holes you need are like molded to the middle/top side of the arm you can't miss them). Now listen...the arms must come from a 89-91 Civic/CRX Si...the reason? any 88 year civic (aka my old DX or my friends CRX Si) has control arms that are square and resemble the control arms on a ITR (neat huh?) but they are pretty much incompatable with anything so if you have a 88, yea its a good idea to find 89-91 Si arms as well, (i've heard the progress bar will fit any 4g regarless, i'd mail them to check). The integra control arms might be the same i'm not sure (so where is NC_Rex? wink )

    Ok...i feel better now hehe, keepin commin eric i'm here for you, hit me up on AOL we can talk: habibswd


    ------------------
    "I live my life a quater mile at a time...for those 16.5 seconds or more...i'm pretty bored!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •